Saturday, August 15, 2009

Independence Day!!!


Well, today being Independence day...I recall some beautiful moments in my life..

My grandfather used to tell me his experiences with the great Freedom Fighter Mahatma Gandhi. How he had actively taken part in the Satyagraha movement, the burning of foreign goods and how he had protested against the Britisher's even after being beaten up a several times...He was such a staunch follower of Gandiji that he throughout his life wore only Khadi..

During my tenure with the "National Cadet Corps" I remember wearing my NCC uniform and assembling on the ground at 7.00 a.m. ,decorating the college with my fellow cadets, the hoisting of our "Indian Flag" by an Army Officer , the singing our National Anthem, then ending our ceremony with the NCC Song and cultural programmes..

This morning, next to my building we had the Flag hoisting ceremony..It was indeed a great pleasure seeing the passerby's and motorists halt when the National Anthem was sung..

All I can say is that "I AM REALLY PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN"

3 comments:

  1. Nostalgia is something I indulge in. Nice to see you pen your memories and thoughts on this great day for our country.
    Happy Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminded me of those days....school hoistin n saare jahan se accha ...lovely..proud tyo be an indian..this birth n evry birth!!:))

    glad to c u bloggin!!:) hows life?

    ReplyDelete